Saturday, May 30, 2009

In The Begining

Okay....Greg thought of the title!! Since I am an ISS teacher AND a crossing guard, he thought this would be appropriate. I will try not to rant too much about either one really because I love being both!!!! Especially a crossing guard!!!. I see some funny things while I am standing in the middle of the road. Sometimes I smell some strange smells I haven't smelled since high school!! Yeah... u guessed it. POT!!!! How can people drive and smoke pot at the same time. Well, I hope they are at least driving well when they pass me. I saw a guy the other day brushing his teeth. That was a new one. I'm gonna give him a hard time about that since I know him. I've been whistled at, cussed at, told have a nice day, told thanks for protecting our children and even a "get the ...out of the ...road." I think it is funny when teachers are running late and they cross the middle line a little with their car hoping I see them so I will let them through. OF course I do then point to my watch and laugh. I hate I missed the last day of school due to a stomach bug. I am going to miss directing traffic the next 2 months. I really thank God for giving me this job. It is hard to believe that I absolutely love directing traffic. Who would have thought. Plus...financially we really love it.
Now......As for my ISS job. I love it also. Most of my repeat offenders have a story. It is sad to learn what some of their stories are. I think some people think I am not hard enough on them. Why beat them why they are down. True...some need a good butt whipping and I tell them that too. Some just need to know someone cares. Don't get me wrong. I get onto them and yell when I have to. I need a new door on my portable. I think I slammed it to many times and it is warped. Now, I have to kick it to get it open. I haven't slammed it in a while though. We really had a good group of kids this year. And no... I do not wear my police uniform when i am at school!!
My most important job and most enjoyable job, now that my kids are older, is being a mom. I will probably use this blog to write mostly about their funny stories and how much Greg and I love them. They are really good kids and I am proud to say that they all have asked Jesus Christ to live in their heart. I have prayed that they would all three do this at a young age and he answered my prayer.
So...... since school is out finally (thank God) I will write about our family, and what God is doing in my life. Now....if you would like some serious spirtual blogging you may go to missjamiek@blogspot.com She is an awesome teacher and you will get a lot of spiritual insight from reading her blog. We are friends so I hereby approve her blog! As for my blog....well, hopefully you will get a lot of laughs and maybe a little spiritual insight from me as well. Maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Love the title. I have never heard "PoPo" in real life... only on "Cops," which is one of my all-time favorite shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could hear you speaking every word! Made me smile...Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title! Looking forward to following your rants :-)

    ReplyDelete